Welcome to forum.cohlerclassical.com, THE Forum for Classical Music Editing & Recording, brought to you by the owners of Cohler Classical! To post in the forums, just click on the Register link in the upper right corner. We look forward to you joining the conversation!

UserPlugins missing after clean install

Tacovision

UserPlugins missing after clean install

Post by Tacovision »

In order to track down the origin of some problems, I did a complete clean installation of Reaper and Cohler Classical (CC). Checking the UserPlugins folder shows only 3 files in that directory, while the CC installer says there should be 5, as seen on the right in the screenshot below.
Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 20.33.58.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 20.33.58.jpg (64.03 KiB) Viewed 3291 times
Should I manually drag the files from the installer to the UserPlugins folder? Or is it correct with 3 files?
cohler
Site Admin

Re: UserPlugins missing after clean install

Post by cohler »

No, three files is correct. It says "will be installed", i.e. you don't have to do anything.

In any case, the up-to-date install procedure is always on the website at https://cohlerclassical.com/install/ and accessible in the menu at TRY => Install

I will remove the verbiage from the disk image, however, to avoid confusion going forward. Follow only the instructions that are in the Quick Start Guide and the website.

Also, you should almost never have to reinstall Cohler Classical once it is installed. Same goes for REAPER. The auto-updates should always keep you in good shape.
Cohler Classical
The premiere platform for Classical Music & Source-Destination Editing
cohlerclassical.cominfo@cohlerclassical.com
THE Forum for Classical Music Recording, Editing, and Mastering
forum.cohlerclassical.com