Welcome to forum.cohlerclassical.com, THE Forum for Classical Music Editing & Recording, brought to you by the owners of Cohler Classical! To post in the forums, just click on the Register link in the upper right corner. We look forward to you joining the conversation!

How to use interleaved files

Discuss how-to and best practices here.
Vadium

How to use interleaved files

Post by Vadium »

Hi!

I have recorded audio on 2 separate recorders (zoom F6, at once) as 6-channel interleaved files. Usually, in regular Reaper, I put each of these files to 6 tracks (6 similar copy of each file) and select for each file different channels. It can be different combinations of channels - 6 mono chnls, 1stereo + 1 stereo + 2 mono, etc. Is it possible to use interleaved files with CC? Or I should to separate interleaved files to mono/stereo files befor import to CC?

Also question - if I attempt to import files from 2 recorders to CC, CC say me, that they have a different lenght (it happens because I turn recording-on in different time) - should I to prepare these tracks (render tracks from one of recorders with lenght equal to length of file from 2nd recorder), or it possible to import files as it is and synchronize them after import?

May be it will more usable to set record mode of recorders from interleaved to separate stereo/mono for edit in CC?

update: just now saw topic "Explode multitrack file in CC", and see, that I need a simple stereo/mono files..

Thanks a lot for advice!
Best regards,
Vadim
cohler
Site Admin

Re: How to use interleaved files

Post by cohler »

You should never edit classical music with interleaved files.

You can easily explode all your interleaved files into individual (mono and stereo tracks) using one command.

Then load them into CC that way. If you need help let me know and I can Zoom with you. It's very simple and can be done in one or two minutes.
Cohler Classical
The premiere platform for Classical Music & Source-Destination Editing
cohlerclassical.cominfo@cohlerclassical.com
THE Forum for Classical Music Recording, Editing, and Mastering
forum.cohlerclassical.com
cohler
Site Admin

Re: How to use interleaved files

Post by cohler »

Make sure you read the Quick Start Guide. That and the videos should answer all of your questions.
Cohler Classical
The premiere platform for Classical Music & Source-Destination Editing
cohlerclassical.cominfo@cohlerclassical.com
THE Forum for Classical Music Recording, Editing, and Mastering
forum.cohlerclassical.com