Welcome to forum.cohlerclassical.com, THE Forum for Classical Music Editing & Recording, brought to you by the owners of Cohler Classical! To post in the forums, just click on the Register link in the upper right corner. We look forward to you joining the conversation!

Plugins

lorenzo.gavanna

Plugins

Post by lorenzo.gavanna »

Hi everyone!! Basically I don't use any plugins out of reverbs (Lexicon 480L Plugin) and little eq adjustments (with ReaEq).
I prefer not modifing too much the original recordings if they are good enough. I know that somebody uses some parallel compressions and other techniques for classical music recording. What do you think? Is anybody of you using some other plugins and if yes, which one and why?
Thank you! All the best!!
Jsbwam

Re: Plugins

Post by Jsbwam »

Hi Lorenzo,
Besides reverb, I do utilize Ozone 4 and Ozone 9. I sometimes eq the overall mix, or sometimes specific tracks, especially if the mix sounds a little dull and needs some life, or if the stereo separation needs to be adjusted. I also use RX, but not as a plugin, although it is available in that form. I use RX mainly to remove noises such as coughs in live concerts for example, and also to reduce the background ambience if the noise lever from things such as air handlers needs to be lowered.
lorenzo.gavanna

Re: Plugins

Post by lorenzo.gavanna »

Hi @Jsbwam!! Thank you for the response!! I heard about RX, everybody says they're great!! For the background ambience noise I found the Waves WNS Noise Suppressor quite good, Of course for Classical music anything that tries to remove something becaome very risky!! But sometimes can save the work!