Welcome to forum.cohlerclassical.com, THE Forum for Classical Music Editing & Recording, brought to you by the owners of Cohler Classical! To post in the forums, just click on the Register link in the upper right corner. We look forward to you joining the conversation!

Best practices for organization of project files

Discuss all aspects of Cohler Classical and related matters.
cohler
Site Admin

Best practices for organization of project files

Post by cohler »

I'm wondering how people organize their project files, audio files, etc. when recording and editing.
Cohler Classical
The premiere platform for Classical Music & Source-Destination Editing
cohlerclassical.cominfo@cohlerclassical.com
THE Forum for Classical Music Recording, Editing, and Mastering
forum.cohlerclassical.com
lorenzo.gavanna

Re: Best practices for organization of project files

Post by lorenzo.gavanna »

I usually have the same folder for the entire project and I create sub-floders that usually are:
  • Audio Files --> contains the entire audio of the recording session
  • or --> contains the original/originals *.rpp files at the moment of the end of the recording session
  • scores --> contains all the scores with the editing notes in case I would need them
  • rendered --> contains the separated tracks of the project rendered in *.wav or mp3 as needed with the correct names and numbering (usually it contains two sub-folders HD and LOW)
  • DDP --> if needed will contain the entire ddp created by CC that doesn't need anything else than the sharing with the client\cd label
I record with the CC's internal backup solution so at the end of the recording session the Audio Files folder will be already mirrored! :idea:
The entire original folder stored in my local PC is synced and I create backups in two separated HDD and I use an online backup with Google Drive Service. I prefer not live syncing with google drive since it can create some problems with the intermediate state of the files. I hope everything is clear.
What do you think? Do you have any advice? What's your folder organization?